As I was sitting down in the waiting area Gate 17 in Phoenix International Airport at 04:25 yesterday morning, waiting to fly back home to California, I couldn’t help but feel a bit upset that another wonderful trip has gone away too quickly.
However, I gained excitement as soon as I started to read some of my favorite travel quotes reminding me of how perfect travel is and how adventurous we should all be living our lives.
I hope these following travel quotes will inspire you to travel somewhere new this year, encourage you to step out of your comfort zone, and keep you in search for that wild wanderlust we crave inside.
1. “There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
2. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” – Anonymous
3. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.” – Mark Twain
4. “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Anonymous
5. “Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.” – Roy M. Goodman
6. “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
7. “Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
8. “The farther you go, however, the harder it is to return. The world has many edges, and it’s easy to fall off.” – Anderson Cooper
9. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley
10. “The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” – G.K. Chesterton
11. “After a lifetime of world travel I’ve been fascinated that those in the third world don’t have the same perception of reality that we do.” – Jim Harrison
12. “To travel is to take a journey into yourself.” – Danny Kaye
13. “Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen.” – Benjamin Disraeli
14. “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard
15. “Once you have traveled, the voyage never ends… The mind can never break off from the journey.” – Pat Conroy
16. “Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves” – Euripides
17. “Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.” – Lovelle Drachman
18. “Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.” – Ibn Battuta
19. “To travel is worth any cost or sacrifice.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
20. “Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Neale Donald Walsch
21. “Without new experiences, something inside of us sleeps. The sleeper must awaken.” – Frank Herbert
22. “I see my path, but I don’t know where it leads. Not knowing where I’m going is what inspires me to travel it.” – Rosalia de Castro
23. “I want to be happy in this world; whether I fall in love with a city or with a man.” – Darlene Navarro
Which was your favorite travel quote!?